Opening hours - 4:30am to 8:30pm, every day.
There is no admission fee.
Several sections of the abbey building and grounds are open to the public. An exhibition tells the story of the abbey building and our community of Benedictines living here, and there is a gift shop, visitor toilets and parking on site.
Visitors are also welcome to attend Mass or any office (a set of sung prayers, such as Vespers).
- On weekdays, Mass is at 9:00am.
- On Sundays, Mass is at 8:00am in English and 10:00am in Latin (with readings in English).
- See full timetable of mass and office times.
Find out more about the abbey buildings and grounds.
Scotland, United Kingdom
Travel & directions
The Abbey lies 6 miles west of Elgin, 40 miles east of Inverness and just over 70 miles west of Aberdeen; at both cities there are airports. There are good bus and rail services to Elgin. Buses from Elgin to the Abbey are infrequent. A taxi costs around £12.00. Pluscarden Abbey is marked on most maps and road atlases. By road, the simplest routes are from the south the A9 to Inverness and the A96 to Forres or Elgin, or via the A92 to Aberdeen and the A96 to Elgin.
See more detailed directions.
Please write to the address above, or send us a message:
• to stay at the abbey, use the retreat form.
• to discuss a vocation to become a monk, use the vocations form.
• to contact us about anything else, please use our general enquiries form.